With just 8 ingredients and 30 minutes, you can have yourself a delicious vegan dinner ready for the family. Try our avocado mac and cheese recipe for a healthy twist on classic mac.
What is Avocado Mac and Cheese?
Who is ready for the ultimate vegan dinner recipe that is loaded with flavor and only requires 8 ingredients?! Squad, you are going to die when this avocado mac and cheese hits your lips. It’s like guacamole meets vegan mac and cheese, but better…if it can get any better. Today we’re going to walk you through how to make this 30-minute meal and give you some serving suggestions in case you’re feeding a crowd!
Avocado mac and cheese is an excellent healthy dinner option for all…even the kiddos! This yummy meal is smooth, creamy, flavorful, and packed with nutrition.
- Vegan: the avocado “cheese” sauce is vegan-friendly, made with a cashew base, fresh avocados, and a touch of nutritional yeast to get that cheesy flavor.
- Gluten Free: if you choose to use gluten-free noodles then this recipe is a great gluten-free option for those that have to avoid wheat.
- Healthy Fats: this recipe is obviously packed with healthy fats from the glorious use of avocados! Make sure to use a ripe avocado so that your sauce is as creamy as can be.
- 30-Minutes: that’s right, all you need is 30 little minutes to whip up this dish. You’ll be feasting in no time.
- Low Carb Option: want to make this a low carb meal? You can totally ditch the noodles and drench your favorite vegetable in this sauce. I’m thinking cauliflower or broccoli.
What You Need
In addition to your favorite noodle (yes, any noodle will do), you need 7 ingredients for the avocado “cheese” sauce. Lucky for you, this sauce is vegan, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and sugar-free. SCOREEEEEE. Let’s check out the ingredients below.
- raw cashews
- ripe avocados
- nutritional yeast
- garlic powder
- apple cider vinegar
- vegetable broth
We have not tested this recipe specifically with any other nut, but if you have experience with nut-based sauces, do your thing, girl! Also, if you like spice, we suggest adding a teaspoon or two of your favorite vinegar-based hot sauce for a kick.