The threat of Covid may be dissipating, but it is not gone, and its effects are sometimes long lasting.
We hear so many cases of Post-COVID Conditions (PCC) or Long COVID as well as Rebound Covid.
Post-COVID Conditions can affect anyone, generally those who had severe cases and, in some cases, a person with post-COVID conditions may not have tested positive for the virus or known they were infected.
There is no test to diagnose post-COVID conditions, and people may have a wide variety of symptoms that could come from other health problems.
- Tiredness or fatigue that interferes with daily life
- Symptoms that get worse after physical or mental effort (also known as “post-exertional malaise”)
- Joint or muscle pain
- Changes in menstrual cycles
- Difficulty breathing or shortness
- of breath
- Chest pain
- Fast-beating or pounding heart (also known as heart palpitations)
- Difficulty thinking or concentrating (sometimes referred to as “brain fog”)
- Sleep problems
- Dizziness when you stand up
- Pins-and-needles feelings
- Change in smell or taste
- Depression or anxiety
- Stomach pain
Rebound Covid, according to the CDC, is when symptoms reoccur, 2-8 days after finishing the Paxlovid regimen. They test positive for COVID again after testing negative. The theory behind developing Rebound COVID is that some people experience higher viral loads in their body, and the five-day Paxlovid treatment, or the time it takes to eradicate the virus from the body, is not effective and/or long enough to clear the complete viral load.
Covid Brain Fog has been a big topic of discussion. While Brain Fog is not a “Medical Term” it is used to describe that sluggish, fuzzy, out of focus feeling when you just cannot think clearly after an illness. These cognitive challenges can be from the damages Covid can do to the brain and other organs.
Your immune system is a vast network of different organs, cells, and proteins that work together to protect your body from outside invaders. These include germs such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi, and toxins (chemicals made by microbes). White blood cells are your immune system’s front-line soldier fighting off infection with the help of the spleen, bone marrow, the lymphatic system, the thymus, the tonsils, and adenoids.
A healthy lifestyle including a healthy diet, exercise, good sleep habits and even over the counter supplements may help your immune system to a degree. An IV drip is the most efficient way to receive vitamins for immune system health, infusing the necessary vitamins directly into the bloodstream. Oral supplements and vitamins pass through the digestive system, so the stomach and liver enzymes diminish some of the potency.
To combat these effects of the virus, we offer Immunity Boost IV Drip, a careful combination of Vitamin C, Zinc, Glutathione, and Trace Elements making a robust cocktail of antioxidants, which gives your immune system the edge.
Specifically targeting Long Haul Covid and other chronic and long-term illnesses is our Ozone Therapy IV Drip O3 (Ozone IV infusion) and O3UV. Ozone is effective for treating any type of bacterial, fungal, parasitic, viral upper respiratory infection, pain, neuralgia, spasming muscles, inflammations, and autoimmune problems.
- Ozone Therapy 03 delivers photons of energy to the far reaches within, delivering cures for issues that evade cure. Rediscovering a lost treatment, is used throughout Europe and has been around for more than two hundred years and finding a resurgence with the Madrid Declaration of 2010.
- O3UV– Combining the two treatments of IV Ozone and Ultraviolet, O3UV offers benefits for difficult issues such as long haul Covid, chronic fatigue, and long-term chronic illnesses.
Benefits of Ozone
- Kills viruses, bacteria, and fungi, even those resistant to pharmaceutical medications.
- Stimulates and balances the immune system.
- Increases the antioxidant system.
- Boosts oxygen utilization and cellular energy production.
- Enhances the effectiveness of chemotherapy and radiation.
Predictions are that for Fall and Winter 2022, there may possibly be a new strain of Covid emerging along with a resurgence in Rhinovirus and Flu Season.
Boosting your immune system is a great defensive measure to prevent illnesses as well as an offensive measure to fight them.
Avraham J. Schreiber, MD PC
– Concierge Physician Offering Home Visits for Adults and Children
– IV Vitamin Infusions and Wellness boost shots provided in your home or in the IV Lounge
– IV Lounge and Wellness Center in Pier Village | The Remedy Realm