The big “C” word that nobody should have to hear. Cancer is about to proceed heart disease as the #1 killer in the United States. Why is that the case? What can we do to help reduce our risk and improve our health? There are many factors that are contributing to our chances of becoming prone to cancer and increasing our risks. Environmental factors, poor nutrition, heavy metal exposure, stress, and chronic inflammation dramatically increases our chances of getting Cancer and other chronic illnesses. Below, you will find some simple lifestyle changes to improve the quality of your life starting today!
- Eliminate excess sugars! Sugars are hidden in almost every packaged/processed food we consume. Cancer cells specifically thrive on sugar – we want to reduce this intake as much as possible to avoid/reduce this cellular response. Natural sugars from specific fruits, such as berries, are acceptable and have other cancer fighting properties known as antioxidants and flavonoids.
- Reduce Stress: Stress puts a burden on our cells and causes them to become compromised. Oxidative stress in the body damages the DNA and proteins inside our cells. Too much oxidation will cause the cell to die or improperly replicate leading to our body’s dysfunction, disease, and cancer.
- Detoxification: Being active is a great way to detox. We go through a detoxification process when we are moving and sweating. Movement allows for increased blood flow and nutrients to be delivered to the body while causing us to sweat out any toxins we have inside of us. Saunas are also a great passive way to promote sweating and blood flow.
- Incorporate Mushrooms: Oncologists have been using mushroom extracts to help treat and prevent cancer for many years now in conjunction or independent with conventional treatments. Mushrooms have amazing immune boosting properties and reduce the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Mushrooms such as Turkey tail, Reishi, Cordyceps, Astragalus, and Maitake have been proven to be very beneficial.
- Proper Nutrition: The Standard American Diet (aka: SAD) is not in line with the way our DNA is programmed to eat therefore causes chronic diseases, autoimmune issues, degenerative diseases, and cancers. We are what we eat – literally! Food is information for our cells. Our food needs to be as nutrient dense as possible in order to maintain our health. This means it is full of macronutrients, micronutrients, antioxidants, vitamins and more to give us the clean bill of health we deserve! Choose more organic and grass-fed/grass-finished options for higher quality nutrient profile.
The wonderful thing about our bodies is we are resilient, and we adapt and respond to our environment, our foods, and our own thoughts. The power of nutrient dense foods, mitigating stress, and leading with happiness and gratitude goes a long way. Just as quickly as we can get sick, we can turn our habits and lifestyle around in a moment which will put us on a better path to health and longevity.
This is not clinical advice nor should be taken as such. Always consult with your healthcare provider before making any changes or decisions.
Please call NJ Spine and Wellness at 877-333-6579 or book an appointment with us today to see how we can create an individualized plan for you.