In all of our years practicing dentistry, we have prided ourselves on the safety and cleanliness of our office at all times. The highest degree of hygiene on our part is what our patients have always deserved. Dentists, oral surgeons, orthodontists, and others in the field were forced to take a spontaneous hiatus, only dealing with emergency cases due to the outbreak of Covid19.
We have always applied Best Practices, meaning the most professional and superior standards for procedures in dentistry. It was for this reason we made use of the time off due to the Govenor’s closure mandate to update our protocols to take the steps necessary to meet and exceed the new guidelines. Our patients need to keep up with their regular checkups to maintain dental health.
We have invested tremendous thought, time, and money to bring you state of the art safety, as nothing but the best is given to our patients. Welcome to our new normal:
- An American Ultraviolet Mobile Room Sterilizer MRS33-8-POZ is wheeled into the treatment room and activated after every patient. The high energy specific ultraviolet light disrupts microorganism DNA/RNA and kills the organisms (germs, bacteria, viruses, including the Covid-19 virus). This is the procedure used in operating rooms (“ORs”) in hospitals. This procedure kills the airborne aerosol virus.
- Surfaces (the chairs, countertops, light handles and switches, and everything else) in the treatment area are specifically sprayed, wiped, disinfected per CDC guidelines.
- Special high filtration filters were added to the building’s HVAC system.
- Equipment and instruments are sterilized (autoclave – high heat and pressure steam), disinfected, disposed as per protocol.
- Hand sanitizer is given at the front area.
- Hand washing is recommended in the rest room with no-touch, motion activated soap dispensing
- Doctor and Staff wear extensive PPE (personal protective equipment) appropriate for the level of interaction. Masks, jackets, and head covering for conversation to full gowns, gloves, face shields to treatment. There is extensive hand washing.
- All patients are phoned 1 – 2 days prior to appointment and questioned about their current health using ADA forms specifically devised for this purpose. The questions are reviewed on the day of appointment at arrival. Any accompanying persons are also questioned
- All staff, patients and accompanying persons have No-Touch forehead temperature taken.
- The reception room was modified to reduce the number of people present and maintain social distancing. We encourage only the patients come into the office unless there is a need for an accompanying person.
- Wearing of masks is mandatory to enter the building, and to enter our office.
- Patients are escorted directly to the treatment or consultation room.
Give us a call, come on in for a consultation and learn how you can lay back and enjoy a visit to the dentist. Dr. Lee Lichtenstein and his highly trained staff offer general dentistry services as well as dental treatments that can be performed using sedation dentistry and general anesthesia techniques to make patients’ experiences more pleasant and comfortable.
723 North Beers Street
Holmdel, NJ 07733.
email us at email@example.com