Guacamole or shrimp is wonderful light summer party fare, and this guac pumps up the protein and shaves off calories with the addi-tion of non-fat Greek yogurt. Same great taste with less fat so don’t be afraid to dig in!
- 2 Avocados
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Zest of the lime
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp. jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2-2 pounds cleaned, deveined tail-on cooked shrimp
- 110-14 oz. grape tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
-In a large bowl, scoop out the flesh from the avocado and mash it with the Greek yogurt.
-Add lime juice, lime zest, and minced garlic to the bowl. Mix well.
-Add red onion, tomatoes, jalapeño, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and parsley to the bowl and mix well.
-Arrange on a platter & top with shrimp and tomatoes. Garnish with basil leaves & ENJOY!
Recipe by Marcie Seninsky, Program Manager/Certified Behavioral Counselor The TrueU Weight Loss at Advanced Endocrinology & Weight Management, physician supervised rapid weight loss. Ritu Malik-Anand, MD, Board Certified Obesity Management & Endocrinology.
562total visits,1visits today