If you are looking for some almond flour recipes for the holiday season, these Peppermint Pretzel Bars are easy to make, gluten, free, and absolutely delicious! These peppermint pretzel bars are are a delicious combination of chocolate peppermint bark and almond shortbread crust. Add them to your holiday cookie list!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 42 minutes
- 1.5 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels, gluten-free if desired
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for the crust in a medium-sized bowl. Mix together and then use your hands to form a ball with the dough.
- Place ball in the greased 8×8 pan and flatten to the bottom of the pan with your hands or a spatula.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil into a microwave safe container. Heat on high for 30 second intervals (stirring in between intervals) until chocolate chips are melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate over crust and evenly spread the chocolate to the outer edges of the crust with a spatula.
- Sprinkle chopped pretzels and crushed peppermints over the top of the chocolate.
- Place peppermint pretzel bars into the freezer for 5 minutes to let the chocolate set*.
- Remove from the freezer and remove bars from the pan by carefully lifting parchment paper straight out of the pan and on to a cutting board. Cut into pieces and serve.
Place in the freezer to set for 5 minutes so that you can cut into bars.
- Do not freeze the bars completely or bars will be difficult to cut.
- Serving Size: 1/12
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 41
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 5
648total visits,1visits today