This healthy vegetarian meal is packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients like:
- Garbanzo beans
- Vegetable broth
And comes together to make the most flavorful and delicious vegetarian meal (basically the vegetarian meal of my dreams). And did I mention it is also super freezer friendly?!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan spice mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh English peas
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth (or any kind of broth)
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Heat olive oil over medium/high heat in a large nonstick skillet*.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, peas, garbanzo beans, and moroccan seasoning to the skillet and sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring consistently.
- Next, add couscous and mix well.
- Finally, pour broth into the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat immediately, cover skillet, and let sit covered for 5 minutes or until all the broth is absorbed by the couscous.
- Uncover the skillet and fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Top with optional toppings and enjoy.
- Skillet size: we used a 16-inch skillet, but if you use something smaller, just make sure it is deep enough. A dutch oven would work perfectly!
- Freezer directions: please scroll up for a through explanation of how to freeze this meal for up to 3 months and how to cook from frozen on the stovetop.