1) Drink lots of water.
Staying hydrated is important! Aim to drink 64 ounces or more of water every day. Here are some tips to help you get your H20 in:
- Always have water on hand. Get a nice water bottle and carry it with you wherever you go.
- Not a fan of water? Add some flavoring to it. Try adding mint, cucumbers, berries, lemons, or limes.
2) Eat your veggies.
We encourage you to eat 4+ cups of veggies daily. Eating a variety of vegetables daily will ensure you get all of the health benefits they have to offer. Here are some ways to prep and spice up your veggies:
- Try grilling them.This method locks in flavor and caramelizes veggies to give them a crispy sweetness. Drizzle them with olive oil and dash on your favorite seasoning. Place directly in a grilling basket or wrap in tinfoil to lock in heat.
- Looking for convenience?Keep steam-in bag vegetables from the grocery store’s frozen food section on hand. Steamed veggies are full of minerals and vitamins.
3) Keep portions in mind.
While it’s important to fuel your body with the right foods, it is also crucial to eat the right amounts. How many servings are in the portion you chose to eat? When you know the size of a serving and understand how many servings you should eat, you can choose healthy portions. Here is a way to measure your portions:
- Food scale:This is one of the most accurate tools when it comes to measuring portions. Weighing your food can help you learn about the amount of food that fuels you and keeps you full.
4) Get active.
If you’re a workout newbie, we encourage you to build small amounts of activity into your day-to-day routine to jumpstart weight loss. Some great low- to moderate-impact activities you can try include walking, biking, yoga, swimming, hiking, and weight training.
Another way to add activity into your life is to spend 10 minutes getting your heart rate up multiple times throughout the day. Get creative! Try:
- A quick walk around the yard
- Do some squats as supper cooks
- A family dance party in the living room
5) Before you eat, think: ‘Am I really hungry?’
Navigating between hunger and eating food in response to your emotions can be challenging. As you work toward your health goals, it’s important to learn how to distinguish between emotional cues and true hunger cues. When you think about the feelings that lead you to eat, are there other activities you can do instead? Here is one example:
- Bored or lonely? Instead of reaching for your favorite food, give a family member a call or friend. We call this the alternative approach.
6) Fuel up on electrolytes.
As you jumpstart weight loss, you’re going to lose water weight and electrolytes. What exactly are electrolytes and why is it important you replenish them? Electrolytes are minerals capable of carrying an electric charge. Your cells and organs need them to function correctly. Here is how you can replenish them:
- H2Energy.We created a drink mix that includes electrolytes. Individually packaged, these are super easy to carry with you to use when needed. They provide your body with electrolytes, vitamins, minerals, and a caffeine boost.
7) Positive vibes all day every day.
As you navigate the journey to a healthier you, positive self-affirmations can help you keep going. This is your journey, and no one fully understands the depths of your strengths like you do. We encourage you to do the following to help motivate yourself:
- Write it all down. Jot down one to three positive qualities about yourself. Now, write out some self-affirmations. Each statement should start with “I am” followed by the qualities you listed above. For example, I am strong. Re-visit these on days you need an extra boost!
Click here to set up a FREE coach appointment.
|Jessica Volaric | Manager | O:732-334-6603 C:732-332-8597
Profile by Sanford – Marlboro | 114 US Highway 9 | Englishtown, NJ 07726