776 Shrewsbury Ave Suite 103 Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
Lisa M Zimmermann MD Lyme Doctor Tinton Falls NJ
Dr. Lisa Zimmermann is an internist who practiced traditional medicine for many years. She has always maintained a passion to provide excellent medical care to her patients.
Dr. Zimmermann has an extensive background in dealing with tick-borne illness. She studied Functional Medicine Therapies and has helped many individuals with complex medical cases, and tick-borne illness. Her experience includes training with the ILADS- International Lyme Association Disease Specialists and participated in various seminars as she began to unravel the complexity of Lyme disease and co-infection diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Zimmermann found that effective treatments for tick-borne illness often included: herbal protocols and other modulates such as UVB light, ozone, and IV alternative protocols.
For chronic medical issues, Dr. Zimmermann will use a functional medicine-based approach to find the root cause of the illness and treat with restorative and alternative treatment protocols.
Her training in functional medicine from IFM-International Functional Medicine would enable her to approach the patient in such a way to address the microbiome of the GI tract, endocrine imbalances, and toxin body burden, and many other issues with the body’s terrain that set the stage for the illness.
Many patients diagnosed with autoimmune issues, chronic fatigue, and fibromyalgia can achieve health by treating the causes of the body’s dysfunction. Further training in regenerative medicine also allows Dr. Zimmermann to utilize peptide therapy, cellular signals to allow the body systems to heal and function optimally. Whether to help a patient with chronic illness or the patient who wants to remain at optimal health as they age this field allows us to direct the body to be healthy and vibrant.
- Chronic Illness & Chronic Fatigue
- Functional Medicine
- Integrative Therapies
- Lyme Disease
- Tick Borne Diseases
- Thyroid Dysfunction/Bio-Identical Thyroid Treatment
- Regenerative Medicine
- Herbal Protocols
- Oxidative Therapy
- Iv Vitamin C Therapy
- Iv Pk Protocol
- Iv Endothelial Cardiovascular Repair
- Advanced Cardiovascular Labs
- Peptide Therapy
TESTING to include:
- Saliva Testing
- GI Microbiome Analysis
- Tick & Lyme
- Bioresonance Analysis Health Blood Spot Analysis
Every patient is treated individually and has a comprehensive evaluation to determine the cause of their illness. Dr. Lisa Zimmermann will utilize a much newer blood test done by Lab Corp and Quest to evaluate all sources of infectious agents viral, tick-borne and bacterial pathogens. Laboratory testing by Igenex may be recommended if needed to diagnose tick-borne illness.
Additional Testing will investigate immune system dysfunction, food allergies, thyroid, and adrenal imbalances- to name a few areas that can cause chronic illness.
Training & Education
- BS Biology Adelphi University Garden City NY
- MD from Medical College of Virginia
- Internal Medicine Residency North Shore University Hospital,
- Weill Cornell Medical System NY
- ILADS certification
- IFM (Institute of Functional Medicine) Core Training
- Oxidative Therapy: Society Oxidative Practitioners training
- UVB Training Society Oxidative Practitioners
- International Peptide Society IPS Certification
- Bio-Resonance Analysis Health
- PK Membrane Stabilizing Therapy Phospholipid Therapy
- Advanced Cardiac Biomarkers and Oxidative Stress Assessment
- Chronic Fatigue/Tick-Borne Illness: ILADS Protocols, Homeopathic Protocols
- Lyme disease
- Tick-Borne Diseases
- Thyroid Dysfunction/Bio-identical Thyroid Treatment