Dr. Mark Harrington Sports Medicine Matawan NJ
Dr. Mark Harrington is a Board-Certified Sports Medicine Physician at Alliance Orthopedics, formerly NJ Spine and Wellness. Dr. Mark Harrington, DO, ATC is a specialist in sports medicine and non-operative orthopedics at Alliance Orthopedics. He is board-certified in family medicine with a certificate of added qualifications in sports medicine. For three years, Dr. Harrington served as a team physician for the Cleveland Browns.
Dr. Harrington’s special interests encompass all aspects of sports medicine including injury prevention and rehabilitation, acute and chronic injuries, sports-related concussions, and sports physicals. Additional interests include musculoskeletal ultrasound-guided procedures and diagnostics, as well as the use of orthobiologics to improve the healing of fractures, injured muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Clinical Orthopedics
- Athletic Injury
- Non-Operative Fracture Management
- Non-Operative Management of Sports Injuries
- Sports Concussions
- Sports Physicals
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Ultrasound-Guided Musculoskeletal Injections
Ultrasound-Guided Percutaneous Tenotomy
- Muscle Strains and Tears
- Sports Injury
- Joint Disorders
- Kean University– Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine– Doctor of Osteopathic Medical Degree
- Morristown Medical Center in NJ –Family Medicine Residency
- University Hospitals in Cleveland, OH– Sports Medicine Fellowship
Experience: Before joining the NJ Spine and Wellness team, Dr. Harrington served as a team physician for the Cleveland Browns. He currently serves as the sports medicine team physician for Kean Athletics.
Medical Licensure & Certifications:
- Board Certified- American Osteopathic Association Board of Family Physicians
- New Jersey State Medical License
Professional Societies & Affiliations:
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
We accept out-of-network payments from commercial carriers including but not limited to Aetna, BCBS/Anthem, Cigna, Magnacare, GHI/Emblem, Horizon, Amerihealth, United Healthcare, Meritain, but we do not accept Medicaid. We are in network with only Medicare.
- 210 Mounts Corner Drive, Freehold NJ 07728
- 150A Tices Lane, East Brunswick NJ 08816