If you have ever been involved in a motor vehicle collision or sudden jolt you may have sustained residual pain in your neck and upper shoulders. This condition, commonly known as whiplash, typically appears 24 hours after an accident and can last days or weeks. In some cases, it can even kickstart continuous chronic pain. Let NJ Spine and Wellness drive you to better health with our pain alleviating treatment methods, including both at-home remedies and professional medical care.
Top Tips to Treat Whiplash Pain
While whiplash is typically a mild condition that will go away as your neck ligaments heal, there are plenty of ways to soothe your pain in the meantime.
If you’re experiencing residual whiplash pain, try easing your discomfort with the following treatments:
- Apply an ice or heat pack to your neck to soothe and numb your tension.
- Practice good posture and relaxation techniques.
- Try simple physical therapy exercises to gently rebuild your neck’s strength and flexibility. This process may include exercises to stretch, roll or rub neck muscles.
- If you are given a foam collar following your accident, remember to follow all instructions and wear it as advised. Doing so can help keep your neck stable while it heals.
Professional Medical Options
If your pain persists longer than a few months and becomes chronic pain, it’s possible that you sustained damaged neck joints, ligaments or discs. Our multidisciplinary team of healthcare experts are here to rehabilitate, strengthen and heal the damaged areas so you can get back to living your life comfortably. When you call NJ Spine and Wellness you can expect to receive one or more of the following treatments:
- Physical Therapy
- Chiropractic Care
- Massage Therapy
- Physical examinations and diagnostic testing by our Medical Doctors, including CT scans, MRIs and onsite X-rays
One or a combination of these options will allow an investigation into whether your whiplash is being triggered by pre-existing conditions or you have any related damage that could be causing your chronic pain.
From here, your doctor may be able to offer you a treatment plan to ease your residual pain.
Make an Appointment With NJ Spine and Wellness Today
Let us work together to help you #GetBetterFaster! Contact our patient advocates at NJ Spine and Wellness today to set up your consultation and appointment at (732) 329-6579.
Visit Our Web Site: https://www.njspineandwellness.com/