Most of us don’t give our immune system a second thought until we’re not feeling our best. Instead of waiting until it’s too late, daily immune support is vital to keep our immune system running at it’s peak.
The immune system is complex and needs daily nutrition to work efficiently. While a healthy immune system works to defend the body against foreign invaders, a compromised immune system can cause the body to struggle in accomplishing normal tasks to stay healthy. The following ingredients provide targeted support to our immune system every day of the year.
- BETA GLUCANS are naturally occurring molecules in the cell walls of bacteria, cereal grains, and fungi. Beta glucans trigger activity that primes and strengthens key immune cells. Once primed, the immune cells can move more quickly through the body. Scientific evidence shows that daily intake of beta glucans promotes immune health in adults, youth athletes, and stressed individuals, among others.
- REISHI PORIA AND MAITAKE MUSHROOMS have been used in Chinese medicine for centuries. They are potent immunomodulators that alter the activity of immune cells through the dynamic regulation of cytokines (Cytokines are small proteins that are crucial in controlling the growth and activity of other immune system cells and blood cells. When released, they signal the immune system to do its job. Cytokines affect the growth of all blood cells and other cells that help the body’s immune and inflammation responses). Many studies show these mushrooms support the function of the immune system and benefit overall health.
- ZINC is a trace mineral that plays a role in promoting the function and development of immune cells. A deficiency in zinc can lead to disturbances in the number and activities of immune cells. Supplementing with zinc can help maintain healthy cell development and function.
- VITAMIN C is an essential micronutrient that, because it is not synthesized by the human body, must be ingested either in the form of food or dietary supplements. Vitamin C plays an important role in the immune system and keeping us healthy, by modulating cytokines and exerting powerful antioxidant benefits that support overall immune health. Vitamin C deficiency is the fourth leading nutrient deficiency in the United States, with severe cases leading to the progression of scurvy. Poor dietary habits, lifestyle choices, and economic reasons are among the top factors that affect Vitamin C intake in developed countries.
- BOVINE COLOSTRUM is the first form of milk produced by cows after giving birth that immediately provides the calves with a myriad of immune-protecting substances. Bovine colostrum is unique to other immune ingredients in that it contains components such as lactoferrin, lysozyme, and lactoperoxidase. Research shows that, as it does with calves, colostrum supplementation can support the immune system in humans.
Isagenix offers these ingredients in several immune-supporting products. IMMUNE SHAKE BOOSTER, ISAMUNE® WITH ZINC, and C-LYTE® all offer different immune-strengthening properties that can be used together to support immune health. When added to a daily routine that includes proper nutrition, seven to nine hours of sleep each night, and regular physical activity, these targeted solutions can help our immune system continue working at its peak.
Wellness & Well-Being Coach
Healthy Aging for Women