Makes 6 fritters. Serves 2-3.
For the Fritters:
1 1/2 cups finely diced cauliflower
1 1/2 cups shredded apple (about 1 medium apple)
4 scallions, white and light green parts thinly sliced
1/2 jalapeño, finely diced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. fennel seeds, lightly crushed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the Salad:
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Extra-virgin olive oil
1. Make the fritters. In a large bowl combine the cauliflower, apple, scallions, jalapeño, parsley, salt, fennel seeds and egg. Add the flour and stir until everything is well coated. Set aside.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Warm about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop mounds of the fritter batter into the skillet. Flatten out the mounds slightly using the bottom of the measuring cup or the back of a spatula. Let the fritters cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until brown and crisp. Then flip them and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes on the second side. If your skillet is getting dry, add a little more olive oil. Remove the fritters from the skillet and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
3. Make up the salad. I created a very simple salad of mixed greens and cherry tomatoes with a balsamic and olive oil dressing. You can use whatever salad ingredients and dressing you prefer.
4. To serve, divide the salad between plates. Place 2-3 fritters on top. Enjoy immediately.
NOTES: use your food processor with the shredding attachment to process the cauliflower and apple.
Join Our Mailing List
Search For Articles
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) October 15, 2021
- Bone and Joint Health October 14, 2021
- CAULIFLOWER-APPLE FRITTERS with MIXED GREENS October 13, 2021
- Anxiously Avoiding Dental Visits? October 13, 2021
- Go-to meals for the busy season ahead October 6, 2021
- Upgrade your morning routine to ease arthritis joint pain October 6, 2021
- ARE YOU READY TO WELCOME FALL? By Stephen Dick October 6, 2021
- Helping Grief Processing After Loss Of A Pet October 6, 2021
- The Road Back: Holmdel Orthodontics September 28, 2021
- I Feel Like a Miracle September 21, 2021