You’ve probably heard of the Paleo diet. With roots as deep as the human race itself, this diet aims to bring your diet consumption back to foods that would have been available during the Paleolithic era. You may also hear this diet referred to as the “Caveman” or “Stone-Age” diet.
The Ultimate Paleo Guide recommends these core food groups while on a Paleo diet:
- Grass-fed meats.
- Fresh fruits.
- Fresh vegetables.
- Healthy oils (olive, walnut, flaxseed, macadamia, avocado, coconut)
Foods to avoid include:
- Cereal grains and refined sugar
- Legumes (nuts and peanuts)
- Processed foods (most foods in the snack aisle)
- Refined vegetable oils
- Candy and junk food
You may be thinking to yourself: How is it possible to completely avoid processed foods? The good news is, the Paleo diet has taken the fitness world by storm. Many of your favorite foods, like pasta, pizza, and desserts have Paleo-friendly alternatives.
What are the benefits of the Paleo diet?
The core belief of the Paleo diet is to bring the body’s food sources back to the era from which human beings began. Followers of the diet believe that our bodies were not designed to digest highly-processed foods. If you experience frequent bathroom issues, bloating, headaches, anxiety, cloudiness, and lethargy the Paleo diet may be a good choice for you. As with any diet, you should consult with your doctor before starting.
Still not sure if it’s for you? Here are some incredible recipes you can try this week that your entire family will love!
- Balsamic Chicken Salad: Take your lunch to new, delicious heights with this incredibly healthy, protein-rich salad.
- Avocado-Stuffed Chicken Meatballs: You’ll go avo-crazy over these keto- and Paleo-friendly meatballs.
- Italian Sausage Stew: Nothing says warm-and-toasty feeling like a big bowl of homemade stew.
- Olive Oil Mashed Cauliflower: Perfect for the person who simply cannot handle a world without mashed potatoes.
- Stuffed Pepper Soup: All the deliciousness of a stuffed pepper in a soup. Perfect to portion out and bring to the office.
- Paleo Spaghetti Squash Primavera: You don’t have to give up your favorite Italian pasta dishes.
- Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes: Nut flour makes these pancakes a low-carb, protein-packed breakfast staple.
- Cilantro-Lime Salmon: This keto-friendly salmon recipe is sure to have the whole family wanting more.
- Chicken Mango Lettuce Wraps: Using lettuce wraps gives you all the benefits of a sandwich without the carbs and guilt.
- Paleo Meatloaf with Tomato Glaze: Perfect for dinner. Or, slice up your finished product for lunch all week!
- Strawberry Orange Sorbet: Dessert is on the menu with this savory homemade sorbet.
- Ahi Tuna and Watermelon Salad: Feel like you’re having lunch in the Hamptons with this protein-packed and refreshing salad.
- Berry Coconut Smoothie: Great for breakfast on the run or a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
- Dark Chocolate Chip Scones: Get your chocolate-fix with these Paleo-friendly scones.
Looking for more recipes and weight loss tips? Subscribe to the Jersey Strong Blog for updates straight to your inbox each week.
743total visits,1visits today