Merrill S. Stauber MA CCC-SLP
Merrill S. Stauber MA CCC-SLP Owner of Midstate Therapy Associates, a privately owned and operated speech therapy and occupational therapy practice. Merrill is licensed speech pathologist who provides evaluations, diagnosis and therapy from infancy through adulthood.
Merrill has been a speech language pathologist for 25 years. She received her Masters Degree from Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York. She has worked in many settings including: homecare, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, schools, sheltered workshops for developmentally disabled adults, cerebral palsy center and private practice. Merrill has provided services for young children through adulthood. She enjoys working in the areas of: auditory processing, phonemic awareness, reading comprehension, tongue thrust therapy, voice disorders, articulation therapy, language development and oral motor therapy.
Speech Therapy Services
We provide evaluations, diagnosis and therapy from infancy through adulthood. Evaluation and treatment for speech therapy addresses the following:
- Speech and language delay
- Early intervention/birth to three years
- Feeding therapy
- Oral motor therapy
- Tongue thrust
- Behavioral issues
- Articulation disorders
- Phonemic awareness/reading readiness skills
- Auditory processing
- Voice disorders
- Hearing impairment
- Neurological impairment
- Developmental disabilities
- Head injury
- Cognitive skills
Speech Therapy Programs
- Visualizing and Verbalizing for Language Comprehension and Thinking Program
- Myofunctional Therapy Program (Tongue Thrust)
- Stuttering Therapy by a Specialist
- Phonemic Awareness Skills for Reading
- Infant/Toddler Signing
- Language Groups
- Feeding Therapy
- Early Intervention
- Traditional Speech & Language Therapy
Occupational Therapy Services
We provide evaluations, diagnosis and therapy from infancy through young adulthood. Evaluation and treatment for occupational therapy addresses the following:
- Handwriting/Handwriting Without Tears
- Visual motor integration and visual perceptual processing
- Fine motor skills
- Low muscle tone/hypotonia
- Activities of daily living/ADL
- Play/leisure time skills
- Executive functioning skills
- Motor planning and coordination
- Sensory processing and integration
- Neurological or neuromuscular developmental delays
I have concerns regarding my child’s development. My pediatrician says she will outgrow it. I am still concerned. What should I do?
Trust your instincts, they are usually correct. Contact a speech language pathologist or a occupational therapist to discuss your concerns.
How long will therapy take?
It’s based on the individual and their needs.
Does my insurance pay for therapy?
Answer: It depends on your policy and what the client is being treated for. We will check your benefits and advise you.
We accept most insurances | We accept Medicare
3,180 total views, 3 views today