Dr. Marshall Allegra MD
Dr. Marshall P. Allegra is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon in private practice in Monmouth County for over 23 years. Specializing in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery, full and partial joint reconstruction, hand, foot and ankle surgery, fracture care, and non-surgical treatment options, Dr. Allegra is dedicated to providing one-on-one personalized care to every patient.
Dr. Allegra is the only physician you will see when you visit the practice, and he will supervise each phase of your diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
An experienced diagnostician, Dr. Allegra can expertly determine the causes of chronic and acute pain in his patients due to hip, knee, hand, shoulder and sports-induced injuries, and then determine the best treatment options to return patients back to work, to the playing field, restoring functionality and range of motion as quickly as possible.
Dr. Allegra has performed more than 500 hip and knee replacements on patients from Monmouth County and surrounding areas. Thousands of Dr. Allegra’s patients have returned to active lifestyles thanks to his quality, personalized care and innovative treatment options.
Dr. Allegra followed his father’s legacy, becoming an orthopedic surgeon, starting a practice and raising his family in Monmouth County, New Jersey.
He received his undergraduate degree from Bucknell University, graduated from UAG Medical School, and completed his residency at University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey. He has been in continuous private practice in Hazlet, NJ since 1988.
Dr. Allegra is a member of the medical staff at Riverview Medical Center, Bayshore Community Hospital, Shrewsbury Surgical Center and Metropolitan Surgical Institute. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Arthroscopic Surgery -Arthroscopy has revolutionized the treatment of joint injuries, helping skilled orthopedic surgeons like Dr. Allegra to examine, diagnose and treat even complex joint injuries and conditions.
- Joint Reconstruction -Dr. Allegra performs both partial and total joint replacement surgical procedures.
- Non-Surgical Orthopedic Treatment -Non-surgical treatment options include anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, orthotics, cortisone injections and hyaluronic acid injections to relieve their patients’ joint pain and stiffness
- Hand, Foot & Ankle Surgery– Dr. Allegra specializes in the orthopedic care of the hand, wrist, foot and ankle, as well as fracture care of these extremities.
- Fracture Care -Non-surgical approaches to fracture care can involve a cast, splint, specialized shoe or boot to immobilize the limb until the bones heal. Often, surgery is required to best fix a fracture. Dr. Allegra may recommend fixing the broken bone with special hardware such as a rod, or plates and screws that will hold the fracture together while your body heals.
- PRP Therapy – Platelet Rich Plasma is super-concentrated platelets that help accelerate healing of injured tissues.
All Shoulder & Arm Surgery * Carpal Tunnel Release,Dressing and-or Debridement of Wound, Infection, or Burn (incl. Negative Pressure Wound Therapy), Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment * Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment, Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair *Fracture Care *Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment, Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment, Hip Replacement, Hip Replacement Revision,Joint Drainage * Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment * Knee Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, Knee Replacement Revision, Knee Surgery * Myofascial Trigger Point Injection * Nerve Block, Somati, Achilles Tendinitis- Sprain or Ruptue, Adhesive Capsulitis, Ankle Fractures, Arm Fracture (incl. Elbow and Shoulder), Autoimmune Diseases,Baker’s Cyst, Bone Disorders,Bursitis,Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Chronic Pelvic Pain ,Clavicle Fracture, Complications of Joint Prosthesis, De Quervain’s Disease, Elbow Injuries & Sprains, Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis), Femur Fracture,Foot Conditions & Fractures, Foot Fracture, Foot Conditions & Fractures, Gait Abnormality, Ganglion Cyst, Glenoid Labrum Tear, Glenoid Labrum Tear, Gout & Hammer Toe.
Request An Appointment
137total visits,4visits today